Show Clothes

When I travel for work, packing is relatively simple because we wear the same thing for every show. Thursdays are always t-shirt days to help sell one of the t-shirts from the event's store.

This year the t-shirt we are wearing has what I consider short sleeves - probably because my upper arms not as young as they used to be. What to do. The ladies I work with opted to wear another shirt underneath it, but I'm on the move most of the day and two layers of clothing would soon have me sweating buckets, especially in the warmer locations. That's when my brilliant idea came to me - add sleeves to my shirt. Perfect! I have a white t-shirt with 3/4 length sleeves that the neck is really weird on so I don't wear it anymore and is the perfect donation subject.

I put the plan in place the morning I was flying out. I carefully cut the sleeves from the white t-shirt, pinned them to the short-sleeved t-shirt, and sew them in place. It worked beautifully and I was thrilled.

Today I put on the newly altered t-shirt and I'm loving that the sleeves are longer. I'm finishing my hair and when I raised my right arm noticed that I had sewn the white sleeve into the t-shirt inside out so the seam was showing. The left sleeve was correct (seam inside). Lovely! Too late to fix it since there's no sewing machine and no chance I'm taking it out and enduring the short sleeves.

And so I sported a new fashion today - one sleeve seam out, one sleeve seam in. I can't wait for tomorrow to see how well this new style is adopted (and yes, I'm joking). What would life be if we can't poke fun at ourselves. At least I didn't overheat today or have to show off my less than flattering upper arms.

Sue  – (March 25, 2011 at 5:25 AM)  

Too funny. Post a photo of you in your new trendy T-shirt.

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design  – (March 25, 2011 at 7:42 AM)  

Great descriptive post! Visiting from Blogging for Scrapbookers!!!! xoxo

StacyC  – (March 27, 2011 at 12:18 AM)  

Sue, I'll have to take a picture of it before I make it right.

Thanks Julie for visiting.

Kimberlee  – (March 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM)  

I wanted to see a pic too. :) Great idea.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP