Baby Shower stuff

As mentioned yesterday, I worked on party items for a baby shower for a friend/co-worker. We had so much fun at the shower/lunch. We had chicken pesto sandwiches, Snicker apple salad, green salad, chips, and raspberry lemonade (the kind with the chunky raspberries), with chocolate cake for dessert! It was delightful. Lisa, the guest of honor, is having a boy (Nolan) and his room and accessories are in the jungle theme, so a jungle party was in order.

Another co-worker made the cute accordion centers and I cut some leaves and the word baby to create a banner. I cut a few extra leaves to use on the top of place mats and then stamped using Versamark ink four jungle animals along the bottom of the brown cardstock place mats (forgot to take a picture of the place mats).

The banner displayed on our banister at home.
But the major project I've worked on for a couple of weekends was sewing a diaper bag. Several months ago, Lisa was saying how much she loved this kit that we had leftover from a quilt event, but she mentioned that it wouldn't be worth her getting it since she didn't sew. I wasn't there at the time, but later when I was looking at the kits, another co-worker mentioned this to me and I decided I would get it and make it for her. What on earth was I thinking???

You see, although I come from a long line of seamstresses and home economics people, sewing is one of those things I learned because it was required but have never developed a passion, let alone a love of the skill. But I'm attracted to fabric, buttons, patterns, etc. and once in awhile, I let that overtake my sanity. Apparently this was one of those times. But, the bag is finished and as long as you don't look closely it turned out nicely. Mostly I'm just glad to have it finished and that Lisa was surprised AND liked it. Yeah!


The diaper bag in all it's glory!
So that completes my creative weekend. Phew, I'm exhausted, but pleasantly so because that's what creating does.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP