A Blog....

About a year ago I decided to start a blog. Why? Well partly because a lot of people I know have one. Partly because it seemed like a great way to write down my thoughts. And partly because I like to hear myself talk (funny, huh??). Really, I don't know what I hoped to accomplish with a blog, but I've decided to try to figure that out and make it something more and maybe even meaningful.

For me, that means learning - so I signed up for an online class: Blogging for Scrapbookers. This class intrigued me because I do scrapbook and I also blog (and I took another class from Shimelle and really enjoyed it). What a thought - bringing those two things together. Plus, the description said I'd learn what to write, when to write, keeping it fun, and more. And I'm all about fun, so here I am starting this class adventure.

What do I really hope to achieve? A better understanding of what I want my blog to be and how to make it more interesting. I tend to only blog when I have something I think is of note or when I feel guilty that I've neglected my blog. But that's not working for me. Over the next three weeks, I want to find my voice, find my blogging rhythm, and make this blog a reflection of me (without ALL of the weird and quirky things - just a few).

As part of the class, I took a picture of what it usually looks like when I blog - my laptop on my lap in the comfy chair with the lights out (it's usually between 9:00 and 11:00 that I find time to blog). But as luck would have it, I had to reformat my laptop today and I don't have all the programs installed yet, one of which is Photoshop so I can't download my photos from my camera. So stay tuned for that photo!

Meanwhile, I'm off to browse some blogs and see what other people include. Here's to a new adventure!

P.S. Here's the picture of my laptop sporting my blog on it's screen.

FLEUR de Lo  – (March 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM)  

Can't wait to see what you come up with! I love that you have a blog so I can get back in touch with you after all these years. {I so prefer blogging over fb}

StacyC  – (March 22, 2011 at 11:49 PM)  

Thanks!! I think it will be a fun adventure :)

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP