All Wrapped Up

I wish our presents were all wrapped up, but the gift wraps at our house take on a life of their own. If it were up to me, everything would be in a bag with beautiful tissue paper poking it's head out of the top. But K has ideas of her own regarding gift presentation.

First, she believes that children (that means anyone that is not out of high school) prefer to unwrap a gift rather than pull something out of a bag. So unless it is a shape that cannot be easily wrapped, then wrapping paper is the gift wrap of choice.

Second, all gifts not only get a coordinated gift tag (sticker or hanging variety) but a small decor item as well. Most of these are found in craft stores and were designed to go on miniature Christmas trees. Others are a little larger. There are snowmen, santas, snowflakes with and without glitter, acrylic candies, miniature presents, deer, and more. She spends almost as much time picking these items out as she does the gift, but its what she does (kind of like I do Christmas trees).

J and I assist in wrapping presents, but only those that are not leaving the house (so the ones for each other) or that are box shaped or can go in a gift bag. We're reminded to include a decor item on each gift and high praise is given when the wrap, tag, and decor item all coordinate.

The funny thing is, it doesn't matter that the recipient is going to rip open the gift - she's totally fine with that. As long as it looks beautiful when it is handed to them, that's what matters.

So on days when wrapping happens, every flat surface is used but the end result is stunning.

Mariah  – (December 12, 2010 at 12:54 AM)  

Well I can say from personal experience that I always love unwrapping presents from you guys! And Aunt Kimber has a point about the unwrapping a gift thing...I almost love unwrapping the gift more than the gift, I don't know why I just get so excited when I unwrap something :) And the little small decor on the gift is always so much fun. You would be surprised how much they are talked about out of your house. All the Moulton's know that a gift from the Aunties has two presents. The one on the outside that matches the wrapping so perfectly and the gift inside. So I am grateful for the days you fill with wrapping!!

StacyC  – (December 12, 2010 at 9:46 PM)  

LOL You've just made her day!!! And I'm glad it makes you so happy. That's what is really important and I'll think of that as we wrap :)

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP