Nylons and dresses, oh my!

Today's gratitude item may seem weird, but at this point in my life, it is a big deal. I am so very grateful that I don't have to wear nylons and/or a dress every day. Today was the first day I've been to church since my surgery (didn't want to take the scooter buddy with me, but today I could handle walking in and out). What this really means is it is the first time I've worn nylons in a month.

Putting on nylons is always an exciting experience. But imagine doing that while trying not to put weight on one foot - not an easy task. But I succeeded with the nylons, donned the skirt, found one of my flat dress shoes, and off to church I went.

Here comes the second problem with nylons/dress situation. The boot on my foot is secured in place by long velcro straps. They work beautifully, but they are not friends with nylons. I accidentally touched my nylons twice with my boot - those nylons will not be worn again.

So I'm grateful that for work I can wear pants (mainly jeans) so that I don't have to buy nylons on a daily basis :) Some times it is the little things in life that bring such happiness and today was a reminder of that.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP