Expanded Family

I have been blessed to be part of several families that I was not born into, but feel as if I were. They have acted as mother, father, sister, brother, friend, and more over most of my adult life. In a time when so many families are experiencing struggles it is good to be surrounded by so many that care and love me.

One of these adopted families are dealing with a new cancer diagnosis. My heart is breaking and yet as we visited this amazing man today chatting with him was a comfort as he talked about the wonderful life he has had, his desire to not draw out his life but let it come to a natural end, and that he looks at dying as a part of the process and a new adventure. He also spoke of the work he'll do in the next life, the loved ones he will be reunited with, and his knowledge of a Heavenly Father that loves him. Yes, there were tears, but only because we will miss this man more than words can express. At this point we don't know the time frame. But I do know that I am a better person because of my association with him and the love he has shown me. I do not look forward to the day when he will pass, but I am grateful to know that he is at peace.

So today my heart is full as I have thought about the many "family" members in my life, whether they are part of my birth family or those that have graciously adopted me. I am so very, very thankful!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP