Helping Others

Today I had the opportunity to help a neighbor with a computer issue. It wasn't a big deal, but she was so appreciative. Better yet, I left feeling so good - I had shared something that I could do with someone else and it had helped them.

I know that losing ourselves in service is far better for us, but it is good to have a reminder. I am grateful for the opportunities I have to help others and pray that I will find other ways I can serve and lift those around me.

P.S. And yes, I realize that service is a never ending circle - it makes me feel good so I serve someone else and when they feel good then I feel good again and serve again. And yes, I am the one who truly benefits, which in some ways makes serving selfish, but I know it is the right thing to do no matter how I feel.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP