When life gives you....purple

Last week I was carrying an adorable baby, a sweet puppy, and two bags of groceries for my neighbor when a child lost control of his bike. I was able to keep him from falling off his bike, without dropping my valuable packages, but in the process the bike ran over my foot. At that very moment a tall, dark, blue-eyed single gentleman came upon us and determined that my foot was injured and required medical assistance. He carefully transported me to an urgent care, after ensuring that the baby, puppy, and groceries were safely delivered to their proper destinations.

That's my story.

And I'm sticking to it!!

Okay, maybe that's not the whole story, or even a part of the story, but it's much more glamorous than reality - I had a bone spur on my heel that had bothered me for over a year (actually, I didn't know until recently it was a bone spur, just that my heel hurt like the dickens) and because it had gone on for so long, the doctor said surgery was the best option. So last week I had it removed, which turned out to be about a 1/4 cup of bone (in smallish chunks that had embedded themselves in my tendon) and this lovely purple cast has taken it's place for the next two weeks.

Today was my first day back to work and I have to say, this really stinks!! I can't drive, so I'm car pooling with various people, which means I'm on their schedule. As a rather independent person this is KILLING me. And I hobble when I walk. And I didn't prop my leg as high at work as I have the past five days, so it swelled today. And getting ready for the day takes twice as long and is exhausting. And.....well, I have to confess, I'm having a bit of a pity party over the whole thing.

But this too will pass. And, I did get a really cool color for the cast. PURPLE, isn't is the best color? And I have wonderful friends who have taken care of me, ensured that I didn't overdo, and are helping me get to and from work. Life goes on, even with a purple cast.

THE SANDERS  – (June 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM)  

Nobody rocks that PURPLE cast quite like you do. Hang in there!

Unknown  – (July 7, 2011 at 5:12 PM)  

i love your"story", you should right a book! feel better and watch out for kids on bikes and tall handsome gentelmen. smiles, diane

Unknown  – (July 7, 2011 at 5:13 PM)  

that was write a book, not right a book, fingers typing ahead of my brain, haha!

Unknown  – (July 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM)  

well, my first comment disappeared. i was correcting for nothing. anyway, i love your "story" and feel better. watch out for kids on bikes and tall handsome gentlemen. smiles, diane

StacyC  – (July 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM)  

Thanks Diane! I figured reality wasn't very exciting so why not make something up :)

StacyC

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP