Butterflies and Rhinestones on GTU

Monday was fun on Good Things Utah showing how to color clear rhinestones using alcohol inks from Tim Holtz. The technique is from one of the classes being taught at CK Scrap & Play (you'll also use the BasicGrey product I used for the class project).

Here's the link to the segment: Butterflies and Colored Rhinestones Card

The great thing about this technique is how versatile it is. I showed using alcohol inks on rhinestones, but you can use the inks on glass, buttons, tiles, and so much more. Pretty much anything that is non-porous (so it doesn't get absorbed). Typically I use the applicator Tim Holtz made, but I ran out of the felt squares and didn't have time to go get more, so I just squirted the color on the rhinestones. For this project, that worked. But if you are coloring a larger surface, you want to save on ink, or you want it to dry faster, I do recommend using the applicator. It gives you more control.

Now, if you're looking for a fun weekend escape, you really need to think about attending a CK Scrap & Play. There are three scheduled right now with a fourth in the works (can't announce it until the contract is signed). The three locations are Midway, UT (just outside Park City) on June 17 and 18, then Boise, ID on August 12 and 13, and next is Lancaster, PA on August 26 and 27. Registration is open for all three.

Each Scrap & Play includes cropping time with four people to a table (you can sit more if you want, but we set the tables for four), five classes spread throughout Friday evening and Saturday, a goodie bag with scrapping stuff, prizes, treats (as in the edible kind), and much more. Plus, there are a la carte classes you can take either Friday morning or at other times during the event (these have an additional cost associated with them).

So, if you're looking for an excuse to get away and scrap, use this one! Here's the web site with all the information: www.creatingkeepsakes.com/scrap_and_play

Hope you had a wonderful Tuesday!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP