A question...

I've posted previously about my struggles with getting up in the morning (I'd much rather sleep in and stay up late). I think I've also talked about the need to exercise. So my question to you is do you like/love to exercise? If you don't but you do still exercise on a regular basis, what is it that gets you exercising?

Here's the reason for my question. I know I need to exercise - I'm slowly gaining weight that I really don't want and have already lost many times. I know that my health and stress levels are better when I exercise. But....I really am not a big fan of exercising. Not that I don't want to do anything rather I get bored easily and have an incredible skill - the ability to tell myself I'll do it later and then later doesn't come.

So, what is it that gets you exercising on a regular basis and how did you get yourself to enjoy exercising?

Thanks and I can't wait to hear from you!

dana  – (June 10, 2011 at 3:50 PM)  

here's my setup: TV w/DVD player, stereo and my elliptical. I usually put a Gen. Conf. DVD on (with subtitles), blast some good pumpin' workout music in the ipod/stereo, and jam on my elliptical. I'm kinda like you - I get bored if I'm just exercising. But, add the music (a MUST), and something to watch, and it makes the time go by almost unnoticed. Sometimes instead of the Conference DVD I watch some video podcasts (best of youtube is a good one), or just a movie (without the workout music). good luck!

StacyC  – (June 10, 2011 at 9:11 PM)  

Thanks Dana!!! It does help to watch a movie and definitely playing good music.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor  – (June 11, 2011 at 6:10 AM)  

I have finally been getting into exercising again after our move, and I do it because I feel so much better when I make the effort. The older I get, the harder it is to keep the weight from creeping up, and the only way I can get a handle on it is by moving the old bod. Like Dana, I tie TV into it. I have an elliptical (which I absolutely SWEAR by--you get a great workout without the impact of running) and I watch different TV series via Netflix. Many shows you can just stream into your TV if you have a Blueray DVD player, so you don't have to worry about juggling disks. I just finished the entire 6 seasons of Lost, I've watched all of the Dexter seasons, etc. I'm also doing some Yoga via DVD (we live too far away from studios here in the Shire, and I've never really been one for group exercise.) I started doing Yoga when my daughter Beccah was getting certified as a Yoga instructor and it is such a great way to stretch, relax, and focus.

Good luck, Stacy. Like you, I've gone through times with and without exercise, and I'm always happier when exercise is a key part of my day!

StacyC  – (June 11, 2011 at 8:04 PM)  

Thanks Cath!! I do remember you saying how much you love your elliptical. I'm glad it is still working for you. I did take a yoga class this week and really liked it. I've tried doing it on my own through Wii and DVDs, but I think going to a class will be better to get started.

And thanks for your understanding :)

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP