Tag Your Addiction

I understand that the first step in overcoming an addiction is admitting you have one. Well, I have a few, one of which is ribbon. Unfortunately, I have admitted this addiction many times and yet I still find the need to save scraps of ribbons from gifts, packages, and any other item containing the beloved piece.

This is a picture of my "traveling" bag of ribbon. I have jars at home containing scraps (organized by color) and ribbons on spools line my work area as well as other jars containing smaller spools. But, I do use my ribbon stash so I'm hoping that justifies my need to acquire every pretty piece/style I come across.






Now that I've explained this addiction, let me show you how this factors into today's project. I'm in St. Louis for a scrapbook convention and so my ribbon "travel" bag came with me. And deep in the depths I found the perfect ribbons to finish the tags I created.


These tags take advantage of stamps from the December 2011 and April 2012 Kit of the Month stamps. And I used one of my favorite stamping techniques - watercolor. And before you start saying to yourself how hard watercoloring is let me tell you about my watercolors - they are pencils and a waterbrush. The pencils allow me to color around the edges to add shadows and highlights. I don't have to be perfect - more pencil in some places, outside the lines in others. I then use the waterbrush to pull the color from the edges to the middle of the image, thus creating the shadows and highlights. It truly makes me feel like an artist!

The best stamps to use for watercoloring are line drawings or open designs because they provide areas to color. That doesn't mean you can't use solid stamps (notice the Made with Love stamp), it just means you have less areas to color.

I love each of these tags, but the poppy (you bring me sunshine) tag truly speaks to me. I love poppies, well actually I love flowers. And flowers are the perfect design to watercolor. And while I love pinks and purples, the oranges of poppies make me happy and fills me with sunshine - which is why the sentiment I used seemed perfect.

The jar, well it offers multiple possibilities and the stamp set comes with three labels. But don't let that limit your creativity. I have visions of filling this stamped bottle with actual buttons on a project. Another addiction I have - collecting buttons.

Tomorrow wraps up this week of creating with Unity Stamp products. Come back tomorrow for the final project. And thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. And remember, feel free to point me in the direction of some of your creations. I love seeing what others create!

Supplies:

Jar, thank full, heart with flowers, and made with love stamps (December 2011 Kit of the Month; Unity Stamp Company)
Poppy and you bring me sunshine stamps (April 2012 Kit of the Month; Unity Stamp Company)
Watercolor pencils (Staedtler)
Waterbrush (Kuretake Co.)
Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Hybrid Ink; Clear & Simple Stamps)
Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Tim Holtz; Ranger Ink)
manila tags
ribbon pieces


Size: 2 1/4" x 4 3/4"

Miriam Prantner  – (June 7, 2012 at 7:39 AM)  

These tags are great! I especially love the one on the right. Love the soft watercolored look! Great way to use your ribbon scraps too, love your combinations!

Denise Bryant  – (June 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM)  

Great tags.... and ribbons! The jar stamp is one of my faves!
DeniseB

LauraJane:)  – (June 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM)  

These are so pretty with the added bit of ribbon.

Emily Keaton  – (June 7, 2012 at 9:03 AM)  

Wow-wee! Those tags are fantastic. I love how you used up some of your wonderful ribbon stash!! Beautiful work. :)

Karenladd  – (June 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM)  

Oh, I really love these! Especially love how you sowed your traveling ribbon stash...and how much those ribbon bits add to your project! Adorable!

Amber Sheaves  – (June 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM)  

These are so beautiful. I also love the warm colors of poppies. I have a big painting of them in my bedroom and my comforter has poppies! They're so happy.

Linda SS –   – (June 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM)  

Love the tags with more than one ribbon or string. Good idea!!!

stampjourney  – (June 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM)  

Beautiful tags! Love the water colored look and those great coordinating ribbons!

StacyC  – (June 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM)  

Thank you!!!! I had so much fun making these so I'm glad you like them.

Mirta Sanchez  – (June 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM)  

Hello, my name is Mirta and I'm a rubber stamp addict! There, I've said it out loud but I have a strong suspicion I won't be cured any time soon! Love your tags! The water coloring is lovely and the ribbons divine!

Barbara  – (June 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM)  

I think most of us who stamp and make cards or scrapbook are addicted! It's not a bad thing.....I send out cards to friends, family, church members, etc. and from the reactions I get, it must spread a little joy to be on the receiving end of this "addiction"! I think that's a good excuse! LOL

StacyC  – (June 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM)  

I couldn't agree more - this addiction is a good one. Especially if you're sharing it!

SHartl  – (June 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM)  

These tags are beautiful and I love the way you used different combos of ribbon on them. So pretty!

Jessica  – (June 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM)  

Beautiful tags! Love the watercoloring and the sweet stamps you used! :)

Elizabeth  – (June 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM)  

Love those tags! I too have a ribbon addiction, and now I have some inspiration for using up my stash.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP