Smashin' It!

The first time I saw a Smash book at CHA Winter a few years ago I instantly fell in love. Funny thing is, I just recently acquired one, but it was worth the wait - I LOVE it. I can doodle, stamp, capture ideas, save fun things, and so much more. The possibilities are endless.



Today's project shows inspiration pages from my book. One side is inspiration related to a design to try. The other page are quotes, images, and doodles to look at when I need inspiration or a lift to a day.

Unity Stamps have amazing quotes/thoughts! They speak to me and lift my soul. They remind me of what is important. So stamping them in my Smash book is like a personal card to myself. And who doesn't like receiving an uplifting card?

I also like having a place where I can capture ideas and record things to use later. Because I have to confess, my brain doesn't remember things as well as it used to so if it isn't written down, it likely won't happen. And how many times have you looked at a stamp and thought "Oh, I should .... using the color...." I know I do. So why not use the stamp as a way to capture that idea in your inspiration journal or Smash book or whatever you use to record you ideas?

Here's a close up look at the quote page - I even did a little watercoloring on the butterflies. The pages are nice and thick so they handle the water beautifully.


I also found a fun way to use my baby Sharpies that I have in about a dozen colors - love those cute, little pens! Perfect for doodling.

I hope you've enjoyed these projects as much as I've enjoyed creating them. One thing for sure, it's made me rededicate myself to setting aside time to create. I need it - it fills that inner need to express myself.

Here's your last reminder that I'll be selecting a winner from the comments left this week to choose two Itty Bitty stamps from Unity Stamp Co - you have until midnight tonight to leave a comment. I hope whoever wins enjoys Unity's stamps as much as I do.

Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend and try and find a little time for creating.

Supplies:

butterflies, Faith hope love, Believe deep down, You deserve happy, Imagine dream fly stamps (October 2011 Kit of the Month; Unity Stamp Company)
Never let yesterday's and Don't forget to love yourself stamps (April 2012 Kit of the Month; Unity Stamp Company)
Pinwheel and Smile giggle laugh stamps (Smile, Giggle, Laugh; Unity Stamp Company)
Watercolor pencils (Staedtler)
Waterbrush (Kuretake Co.)
Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Hybrid Ink; Clear & Simple Stamps)
Lavendar, purple, light orange, pink, blue pens (Sharpie Mini)
Doodle Style Smash book (K&Company)

Miriam Prantner  – (June 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM)  

How fun! I have been wanting to try one of these too. I was actually thinking it would be a perfect way to introduce my almost 5 year old to scrapbooking.

Emily Keaton  – (June 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM)  

Your Smash Book is SO inspiring! Thanks for sharing how you use it--I've wondered about that. Great ideas!!

JPScraps  – (June 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM)  

I have to say your reason for the smash book is wonderful. LOVE it! Thanks for sharing.

stampjourney  – (June 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM)  

Love your Smash book! What a great idea for planning future projects and capturing inspiration as it strikes. Thanks for sharing this week! Love what you've done with Unity's fun images!

Linda SS –   – (June 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM)  

I haven't got into the smash thing yet. But you gave wonderful ideas with your journal. Thanks for all the inspiration this week.

Elizabeth  – (June 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM)  

What a great idea! I love quote stamps and would be a great way to catalog them.

Denise Bryant  – (June 9, 2012 at 5:49 PM)  

What a fun place to collect your ideas! I'm always sketching ideas down on sticky notes and would love a spot to keep them together!
DeniseB

Julie Odil  – (June 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM)  

I have a Smash book that I never find time to use ill have to try your idea!

StacyC  – (June 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM)  

I'm just getting started with Smash books but the possibilities are endless. So glad you enjoyed my pages.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP