It's a Beautiful Day

Spring is in full bloom, the puppies are happy and adorable, and I spent time creating. I started acquiring a fine collection of Unity Stamps almost a year ago. Their designs are varied - cute, whimsical, vintage, trendy - I could go on. After having them for several months (which allows them to properly age) I pulled them out to use for projects this week.

The first is this card:


It combines a banner from the March 2012 Kit of the Month and a saying from the April 2012 Kit of the Month. The banner is so versatile - stamp it and color it, or stamp it on a variety of papers and layer together, or do as I did and stamp it twice and cut out a few pieces to pop up with foam squares.

The paper I used for the background (The Paper Loft's Easy Breezy collection) has an aged effect. To tone down the colors from the pens, I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The finishing touch, a couple strands of baker's twine from Queen & Co.

It was fun making the card - playing with my Copic markers and these fun Unity Stamps. Come back tomorrow for another creation using Unity Stamps.

Supplies:

Banner stamp (March 2012 Kit of the Month; Unity Stamp Company)
It is a Beautiful Day stamp (April 2012 Kit of the Month; Unity Stamp Company)
Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Tim Holtz; Ranger Ink)
B12, B14, Y00, Y06 (Sketch markers; Copic)
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy - blue side (Easy Breezy; The Paper Loft)
Summer Blue baker's twine (Twine Twist; Queen & Co.

Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Denise Bryant  – (June 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM)  

Congrats on your GIU week! Fun banner card! Looking forward to seeing your creations!
DeniseB

StacyC  – (June 5, 2012 at 7:43 AM)  

Thanks Denise!! It's been fun creating.

Miriam Prantner  – (June 6, 2012 at 3:00 AM)  

Great card! This is just so pretty, love the banner and twine and sentiment and you chose great papers!

LauraJane:)  – (June 6, 2012 at 7:11 AM)  

Love the banner and colors on this card!

angie/shuggy  – (June 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM)  

i love that you allow them to age! i should start saying that!! great card!

Linda SS –   – (June 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM)  

Nice card and I love the sentiment.

Amber Sheaves  – (June 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM)  

I LOVE this card! You are so funny - aging the stamps properly! That makes me feel so much better about not using them right away. All this time I thought they were neglected, but I was just aging them!! :)

Carol  – (June 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM)  

Beautiful project!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

jengd  – (June 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM)  

I've really got to get this stamp! And I'm adding Easy Breezy to my shopping list for CKC! Wonderful card and great shades of blue and yellow!

stampjourney  – (June 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM)  

Super cute card! I like to let my stamps age--like fine wine, right??!?

StacyC  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM)  

Thanks everyone! You are so nice. And yes, aging is a necessary part of the creative process :)

SHartl  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM)  

LOVE this banner! I am really liking the colors you chose...unique and creative!

Emily Keaton  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM)  

That banner is SO cute!! Fantastic card. Can't wait to see the rest of your GIU creations!

Karenladd  – (June 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM)  

What a fun card! I love that banner and the sentiment!

Pryn  – (June 7, 2012 at 7:04 AM)  

Fabulous card! The papers and colors look awesome together!!! Congrats on being this week's GIU girl! I can't wait to see the rest of the goregous inspiration you have lined up!

StacyC  – (June 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM)  

This has been such a fun week! I really need an excuse like this more often :)

Jessica  – (June 8, 2012 at 6:46 AM)  

this is so fun! love the multicolored banner and that super cute saying! :)

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP