My Wish for You

With the Christmas season just wrapping up, hearing the word "wish" brings to mind a song Anne Murray sings - Christmas Wishes. In this song she starts with "If I had my way this Christmas" and then goes on to name her three wishes. The third wish is the one that I love the most - to share all my wishes with you.

How often do you find yourself wishing? I know I do. I wish for snow, that my team will win, a good night's sleep, peace, and that those I love are happy. No wish is too big or too small. And often wishes do come true. Not by themselves but with help from others or through divine intervention. And isn't it wonderful to be the one to make a wish come true?

So today, I wish that you might have all that your heart desires. I wish that life be full of love and happiness. And I wish for peace, in your heart and amongst people. And more importantly, I wish that I can make someone else's wish come true.

Which brings me to a poem I remember reciting as a child when we slept outside.

Star light, start bright,
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have this wish I wish tonight.
- Anonymous

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP