New Traditions = New Treats

Over the years we have made a menagerie of gingerbread houses (some were technically graham cracker houses). We loved this tradition and looked forward to it every Christmas. As the Wheatley kids got older, we still enjoyed this tradition but one year switched to making cookies. The next year, we decided to make goodies for the Wheatleys to give as neighbor gifts. I poured through my cookbooks and found a variety of options. Boy did we have fun!!

Since then, we have continued this new tradition with a twist. Each year the kids picked a favorite from the previous year and then I added a couple new items. We've made:

Melted Snowmen sugar cookies
Oreo Snowmen (similar to these)
Nutter Butter Reindeer (similar to these, but with two pretzel antlers)
Plus, we've made Corn Pop Candy, spritz cookies, Peanut Butter cookies with Hershey Kisses, and other fun stuff.

I can't wait to see what we pick this year. I've heard rumblings of the Oreo Snowmen making a comeback. Good times!!


Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP