It wouldn't be Christmas

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without foods and treats. Some are from years past, others came with time, and some happen some years and not others.

  • Fudge - a staple as a child and still a part of Christmas present, but it must be the Fantasy Fudge recipe
  • Popcorn balls - J makes the best ones in town and their red/pink color just for the season
  • Corn pop candy - this recipe came from some friends years ago and we've adapted it a bit; it uses the Corn Pops you find on the chip aisle and is coated in a buttery sugar syrup and you can't stop eating it once you start
  • Prime Rib - the food of choice for Christmas dinner and melt in your mouth perfection with a little horseradish sauce on the side
  • Brussel Sprouts with special sauce - I for one do NOT partake of the Brussel Sprouts but no Christmas dinner is complete without them (why we can't make the sauce for something worthier like broccoli or cauliflower is beyond me)
  • Caramel & Chocolate covered pretzel rods - this is a new addition and one that doesn't always get made each year, but oh so worth it
  • Homemade caramels - another thing that doesn't always get done but when I do get them made they are really, really good
  • Scalloped potatoes - J makes a good batch of scalloped potatoes and Brianna could eat every last drop
I'm sure I've missed something but that's the highlights. Wow, I think I'm hungry!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP