I'm dreaming of...

The perfect Christmas. 'Cause every girl has got to dream, right? The thing is, I love our Christmases. I love our decorations, the time we spend together, the food we have, the things we do to get ready, the warm and happy feeling, the songs I sing almost constantly, the sitting with only the Christmas lights on at night enjoying the quiet and beauty...

But there are a few things that I would add to the list and they are usually things I can't control, but some I definitely can.

I want snow on Christmas. Well really, I want snow for the entire time the Christmas decorations are up - it is so beautiful and enhances the lights and decorations. But I also think it would be amazing to wake up to snow like the scene at the end of A Christmas Story - everything is covered in about a foot of snow and looks like a big, fluffy blanket (I think the twinkly music helps it seem magical too).

I would also make AND send Christmas cards. I hate to confess that there have been a few times I've made the cards and then not sent them, but more often I don't even get them made. This year, I happen to have four or five made (leftover from a card swap). I really like them and I've vowed to myself to use them. But just in case, here's what they look like. Can I count this as sending one? Just kidding!


Next I would have more time. Time to do things with others like make and decorate cookies, go sledding, make gingerbread houses, make neighborhood gifts, take walks in the snow, watch Christmas movies, and so much more. I would also make sure the time was BEFORE Christmas - I usually save my vacation days for the time between Christmas and New Years so I don't have to go to work, which I love, but it would be fun to have days before as well. And if I'm dreaming, let's just make it the whole month of December or at least a couple weeks.

I would also love if the news only shared happy and uplifting stories. That wars ceased, everyone had food, crime stopped, and people spent their time showing their love to each other. But wouldn't that be nice if that were the case all year long and not just during the holidays. I think that's why I love the song "The Secret of Christmas" so much - it says it's not the things you do at Christmastime, but the little things you do, all year long.

And so this dream comes to an end, but it leaves me inspired to see what I can take from the dream state to reality. To make the time for the things I want to do. To send the cards I've made. To lift those around me and then carry the Christmas spirit with me the whole year through. I love Christmas and all it comes with - music, lights, special movies, extra time with loved ones, giving to others, decorations, snow, and of course, food. So here's to making my dreams come true this holiday season!


Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP