The Joy of Creating

I think it must be a Christmas miracle! I actually made two things in the last week (or so). It does help when you have an excuse, but still, I embraced the opportunities and thoroughly enjoyed it.

First, I had the honor of hosting a challenge on ScrapbookDreamer.com. I had a blast!! The challenge I chose was related to chocolate (since it was held in February). The participants could pair any color with chocolate brown. I chose teal, which I am absolutely in love with right now. Here's the card I made.

The next opportunity I had was for my niece-in-law's upcoming baby shower. They are having a boy and since they've only had girls to this point, a shower is in order. They gave me some ideas of what they were envisioning and I ran with it. I spent a good 45 minutes going through every baby or blue paper, stamp, and embellishment I could find. I ended up using Crate Paper for the patterned paper and an elephant stamp from Little Yellow Bicycle. I thought it turned out pretty cute. You can see what you think.



So, now that I've done a little creating, my quote for the week has a slightly different slant. Sometimes you have to embrace opportunities to create (the you here means me). We all need a kick in the pants at times, so take those little kicks and use them before your back side gets sore :) And so this week I will focus on looking at opportunities as what they are - an opportunity, and not as work.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

Anonymous –   – (March 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM)  

Love your quote Stacey!
~ Lori Flesher

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP