Who I am today

I joined the group Your Life Spelled Out on Facebook. She sends out journal prompts each day. I have loved having these ideas to get me started writing. Today's was particularly meaningful, so I thought I'd share it.

Prompt: What influences have shaped my life as it is today?

There are so many things, people, experiences, etc. that have influenced my life that I don’t know that I can list all of them. Here are the first few that popped into my mind.

There was a kindergarten teacher (Glenna Clark) that I was a teacher assistant for when I was in 7th and 8th grade that taught me how to love and nurture those little kids in her class. She showed me how to guide them as they learned and grew in confidence. She is the reason that I wanted to teach school (which is what my Associates degree was for).

My religious beliefs are a major part of who I am. I know that I am a daughter of God. I know that there is a plan for me and that one day I will return to his presence. I know that Jesus Christ lived and died for me so that I can be forgiven when I make mistakes. My faith has kept me going through difficult times. It gives me hope and direction.

My two best friends have made a big impact on my life. They are examples of true giving of themselves and anything they have. They will do anything for you and are loyal beyond words. They have supported me through good times and bad. And they are always there when I need them. 

So, what has influenced who you are today? It doesn't need to be just people, it can be books, experiences, or anything else.

Dana McCoy  – (January 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM)  

hey stac! i sure enjoyed your posting! i love what you said about your two best friends. i'd have to say the 3 of you have had an enormous influence in shaping my life, and i have to say Thank You for helping to further me a little more along the path.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP