A fun time was had

In Buffalo, NY and at Niagara Falls. I was in Buffalo for work - CKC-Buffalo - and we scheduled our flights for later Sunday so we could head to the falls. We went last year and did Maid of the Mist. This year we decided to do Cave of the Winds.

We left Buffalo around 9:00 and headed to the falls. We parked near the main falls rather than the American Falls and this was the car we discovered  in the parking lot.


As we got ready to head in, several people stopped to take their picture with the car, not just of the car. Later when we were leaving a steady stream of people took their pictures with the car, some even leaning on it. It was very entertaining.

The view from this part of the park of the falls is amazing! I could have stood there for an hour I think. The sun was out, there was a light breeze, and the falls were in full motion. At the angle we were looking at the falls, there were rainbows in the mist. Sometimes there was a double rainbow, but it was hard to catch.

After taking a dozen or more photos, we headed for the tour. Not only did we get a lovely yellow cape to wear, but a stylin' pair of sandals. Bonus!!! We can keep the sandals. It was a fine look - Todd (a co-worker) posed in his outfit.

Close up of my sandals
The view from below the falls was amazing and boy did we get wet! We laughed and kept on going - cause once your wet what can you do? There were tons of seagulls, even a baby ventured down the path with mom watching closely while I took a picture.




We walked around a bit more, took a few more pictures, and then packed it in. It is amazing that this much water is in one place, especially since it is relatively flat as you approach the falls and then, bam, there it is!






We still had a few hours left until our flight, so we headed back to Buffalo and did a driving architecture tour (using my iPad search results). Buffalo has plenty of beautiful buildings downtown and loads of old homes and buildings throughout the city. It was a great tour and we saw parts of the city we'd never seen.

All in all, an enjoyable trip.

Jennie  – (June 25, 2011 at 6:59 AM)  

i loved the falls too!!

thank goodness for ckc!! otherwise i would never have been able to go!! :)

glad you had fun!!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP