Christmas Countdown

Yes, I realize it is June, but it is the 25th of June, which means just six months until Christmas!! So let's start the countdown. On the 25th of each month, I'll post something related to Christmas, because, can you ever start feeling the holiday spirit too soon?

This is one of our favorite holiday recipes. It works well for any special occasion, so no need to wait until Christmas to whip up a batch of these delightful, pop in your mouth goodies.


CORN POP CANDY


2 bags corn pops

SAUCE
3 cubes of butter
1½ cups sugar
5 Tbls light corn syrup
5 Tbls water.


DIRECTIONS
Mix butter, sugar, corn syrup, and water in sauce pan and bring to boil. Boil for 4 minutes. Pour over corn pops and stir well.

NOTE
The corn pops for this recipe are not a cereal. (Not Kellogg’s Corn Pops cereal, but something like Barrel O’ Fun Corn Pops). Here's what they look like:

Image from: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Barrel-O-39-Fun-Corn-Pops-Puffed-Corn-Snack-8-oz/15724097



Gift Idea
Looking for neighborhood gift ideas? How about a six pack of root beer reindeer? These guys can be made quickly and everyone in the family can help. All you need it are red pom poms, googly eyes, brown pipe cleaners, and bottled root beer.

Image found at: http://lifeofamodernmom.blogspot.com/2010/11/reindeer-rootbeer-beer.html

Have a wonderful June 25 and get going on those holiday plans!

Jennie  – (June 25, 2011 at 8:31 PM)  

love it!!! thanks for the tips!!

Jo.C  – (June 26, 2011 at 2:46 AM)  

Not so sure I like a Christmas countdown when I haven't even had my summer holidays but I have to admit the reindeers are a fab idea TFS :0)

StacyC  – (June 26, 2011 at 5:50 PM)  

Sorry Jo - at least it isn't a daily countdown :) I'll celebrate the summer holidays too just to keep some balance.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP