Counting the Days

As November approaches I start looking at the calendar to plan the month (yes, you read that correctly, November). I figure out where Thanksgiving is and then count backwards to make sure that the carpets and house are cleaned in time to start decorating and be finished by Thanksgiving. For me, its all about the decorating. Once that is done, then we can sit back and enjoy the season.

I think because I don't have children, I don't do the December countdown to Christmas, but instead the countdown to when I can turn on the Christmas lights. I do remember getting my first chocolate Advent calendar - I was in college and thoroughly loved opening a door each day and eating the chocolate. And I love looking at Advent calendars and have to hold myself back from making some of the really cool paper crafted versions.

But for now, counting down to Christmas is more about the activities we do rather than the number of days left until the 25th. And it works!

Happy counting!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP