When life gives you.....

lemons, chocolate, snowflakes - you fill in the blank. No lemons here this weekend, but definitely chocolate and snowflakes. So we had chocolate chip cookies (isn't that what you do with chocolate?). As for the snowflakes, enjoyed watching them gently swirl to the ground or cover our car as we drove but steered clear of snowmen and snowball fights.

Yesterday we attended the funeral of our dear friend's mother. It is always sobering to attend these, but also enlightening to learn about the person and their family. I also find that funerals start me thinking about where I'm at in life and evaluating if I'm doing the things I want to do as well as the important things I should be doing. And so this weekend has been a bit of an internal inspection. I don't know that I have everything figured out, but definitely have some new plans. I'm also grateful for the reminder that this life does not end at death and that some day I'll be reunited with loved ones.

Tomorrow I begin a new adventure - an online class called She Art Workshop. I'm so looking forward to this creative experience and rediscovering the artist inside.

Last, in this randomness of random posts, I love taking pictures and I also enjoy inspiring quotes. A few months ago I combined these two loves by adding favorite quotes to photos I'd taken and use them as wallpaper and screen savers on my computer. This one speaks to me today as a focus for the week. Hope you enjoy it!

dana  – (February 27, 2011 at 10:08 PM)  

hey stac - love the 'words to live by'. who was the funeral for? anyone i know?

StacyC  – (February 28, 2011 at 10:08 PM)  

Dayna's sister-in-law's mother - Jaret's wife. I don't think you've met her but you may have.

Jillian  – (March 1, 2011 at 9:18 AM)  

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by the Spring Fever Blog Hop - I hope you enjoyed looking around! I love your quote of the week - beautiful.

Jillian
jillianbeancrafts.com

StacyC  – (March 6, 2011 at 11:01 PM)  

Thanks Jillian! I had a great time on the blog hop. Can't wait for the next one.

StacyC

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP