Creative day

LOVE having a day off work, but even better is when it is a creative day! And today was a creative day. Started with some scrapbooking and then moved on to beading. I fixed a bracelet for K and figured while I had my beads out, might as well make something new for me too.

Most of my jewelry is purple (big surprise there!) so today I made a brown bracelet and a green one. For the brown one, I looked through one of the idea books I have. The design I picked was originally pink so I grabbed a variety of brown beads instead. It has four wire strands that come together in random places throughout the bracelet and help the beads to look like they are floating. I love the way it turned out and I can't wait to wear it.

The second bracelet was a bit of a cheat as the silver balls were already on a chain. All I did was put each green bead on a head pin with two clear seed beads and then hook those to the chain. I haven't made many this way and I'm not the best at making the loop, but this project definitely gave me good practice. It will be nice to have a bracelet to go with my green clothes since I don't really have anything right now.

I love starting my week with such a creative punch to it. Wish I could do this more often - maybe I should rephrase that. I need to make time for this more often :) Here's a picture of the two bracelets.

Happy Monday!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP