Name That Tune!

One of my favorite TV shows to watch growing up was "Name That Tune" where participants received a clue and then would say how many notes they could name the song in. I was always amazed when they could do it in 2 or 3 notes!

Now, when we are in the car, we often play our own version of name that tune. When a song starts, we guess who the artist is. I'm not very good and am often mocked for my guesses. But I still keep playing, hoping that some day those bits of knowledge will somehow stick in my brain.

So, I thought a little game of Name That Tune would be fun here. Especially since I know the answers and don't have to reveal my lame guesses :)

While there is no prize for having the most points, we all know it's all about being able to say you won! I'll list the first line of a song (or maybe the second one if the song's title is in the first line). Scoring uses the honor system :) One point for the correct song title, one point for the correct artist, and five points if you can guess the theme for the songs for a possible total of 25 points. No fair using Google or any other search engine - brain power only! Most importantly, have fun!

1. Dreams are nothing more than wishes and a wish's just a dream you wish to come true.
2. I knew a man ...  and he'd dance for you in worn out shoes
3. Well they said you was high-classed well, that was just a lie
4. You know my girl just called me up and she woke me from my sleep
5. Oh I guess they'll never know how a young heart really feels
6. But you may fade, my dog will always come through
7. When the party was nice, the party was jumpin'
8. I remember to this day the bright red Georgia clay
9. I was hangin' out a last night at the top cat when the band slowed down to Merle
10. There I was with the old man stranded again so off I'd ran

P.S. - I have most of these songs on my iPod :)

**Don't scroll down - the answers are below**














Answers:

1. The Puppy Song - Harry Nilsson
2. Mr. Bojangles - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
3. Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
4. Gonna Buy Me a Dog - The Monkees
5. Puppy Love - Donny Osmond
6. I Love My Dog - Cat Stevens
7. Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men
8. Me and You and a Dog Named Boo - Lobo
9. Every Dog Has His Day - Toby Keith
10. Dog and Butterfly - Heart

Theme: Dogs or Puppies :)

Green Eyed Girl Crafts  – (February 27, 2010 at 7:17 PM)  

That was fun... I have to admit... I only scored 4... Thanks! Vicki

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP