Sleep vs. Exercise

Being the non-morning person that I am, each night there's a great internal debate over the setting of the alarm clock. Knowing that I've set a goal to exercise I set my alarm for 5:50. Morning arrives and my alarm goes off and if I'm really good, I get up, talk to Mabel while lying on the floor and go exercise. But most mornings one of two things happens. 1) I get up, talk to Mabel while lying on the floor, and then reset my alarm for 6:45 before climbing into bed, or 2) the alarm goes off and I reset it for 6:30 or 6:45.

The thing is, I'm not opposed to exercise as long as it is later in the day. So why not exercise at night? If I got home before 6:30 at night, I might be more interested. But by the time I get home I just want to eat and collapse. Yes, I realize this is one of Dr. Oz's 10 deadly sins. 

So somehow I'm going to need to make peace with early mornings. I think I'll make that my focus for next week :)

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP