CKU Reunion Blog Hop

I'm so excited - CKU Reunion is just a little over a month away! I loved going to past CKUs and hanging out with the incredibly talented teachers and soaking in their creativity. And this year it is in beautiful San Diego, CA (can you say beach nearby???) on October 27, 28, and 29. It's going to be a blast! And you'll be learning from some of the industry's experts like Lisa Bearnson, Teresa Collins, Stacy Julian, Michelle Hill, Megan Hoeppner, and other inspiring people. I'm telling you, you won't want to miss this!

So, the reason you're here is for the blog hop. I hope you've enjoyed the projects so far. If you stumbled upon this blog post and want to see the other CKU Reunion Blog Hop participants, then head on over to Mou Saha's blog. She got us started and has a list of everyone participating. The blog hop is from Friday, September 23 at 10:00 am MT until Saturday, September 24 at 10:00 am MT. If you get lost, I'll include the order at the end of the post.

And now, on to the project!

When I think about attending an event such as CKU Reunion, I know I'm going to have lots of stuff I want to keep track of, so that's my inspiration for this project. But first, I have a small quiz. What do you get when you put these items (pictured below) together with paper, stickers, buttons, and more?

Page protectors, envelope, electrical tape
Did you guess a mini-album? Well that's what I made from these. I took three envelopes (5"x5"), trimmed off the flaps, covered them with paper, stickers, buttons, ribbon, and other fun stuff. Then I used electric tape to bind the envelopes together into a booklet. To make sure everything stays together, I put tape in between each envelope and on the outside.

For the cover, I trimmed two 6"x6" page protectors to about 5 1/4" square (or as close as I could get them to the envelope's size). I attached them with electrical tape to the front and back envelope and then put tape across the outside to finish off the bound book effect.

Here's a few pictures to give you an idea of what the finished project looks like.

Front cover

First page (front of envelope)

Second page (back of envelope) and third page (front of envelope)

Fourth and fifth pages





Last page (back of last envelope) and back cover (lace is on the outside)




The product I used is Crate Paper's adorable Neighborhood collection. I love the bright colors, whimsical designs, and beautiful ribbons (but then I'm a sucker for ribbon). Plus I threw in some Queen & Co. flowers and a little crocheted ribbon I had on hand.

If you aren't going to an event in the near future, this can easily pass for a coupon organizer (just drop it in your purse), a receipt catcher, or anything else your clever brain can think of.

Thanks so much for stopping by. One last thing, if you leave a comment AND go to Facebook and Like one or all of the following pages, CKU, CK Scrapbook Conventions, or CK Scrap & Play, you'll be eligible to win a cool t-shirt from the CK Events team (we have several fun scrapbook related designs).

Here's the list. Next up is the talented Michelle Hill!


Stacy Croninger  (you are here)

Bye!!!

Debbie L.  – (September 23, 2011 at 3:10 PM)  

What a fun album...I can't wait to take another class from you at CKU!

Jill  – (September 23, 2011 at 5:25 PM)  

I seriously had no idea where you were going with that! How creative!! Very fun album. tfs.

StacyC  – (September 23, 2011 at 8:24 PM)  

Thanks ladies!! I appreciate you stopping by.

Megan  – (September 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM)  

Chief, this album is super cute! Thanks for the fun idea. :)

Anne Fisher  – (September 24, 2011 at 3:04 PM)  

Wow, that is such a cute album! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

StacyC  – (September 24, 2011 at 10:21 PM)  

Thanks again everyone for visiting my blog and for your kind comments.

So, there are five of you that left comments and I had someone randomly draw a name for me. And the winner is........Jill!!!

Email me at events.info@creatingkeepsakes.com with your t-shirt size and mailing address and I'll get a t-shirt sent to you. Also, tell me what your pick of t-shirt color is: pink with brown design; red with a white design; brown with multi-colored words; or black with a pink and white design.

Thanks again everyone!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP