A Born Huntress

Cleo has always fancied herself a huntress. After all, she does have a wonderful sense of smell and is more than happy to spend hours with her nose to the ground checking for anything that may not be acceptable or that needs further investigation. This afternoon was no different.

It was a beautiful afternoon so I grabbed one of the lawn chairs (it reclines and has a pillow - ahhh!), my camera (just in case), and headed for partial shade (my legs could use a little sun to alter their current winter white state). The hounds of course followed me outside so as not to miss a thing. Mabel was content to lay next to me so I could stroke her head, but Cleo quickly followed her born instinct - check the perimeter of the yard for any intrusions or changes. With her head down and tail up, she headed to the side fence, then along the back fence, made a sharp left turn to head toward the garden, and back along the house. Of course, I immediately grabbed my camera to catch the hound in action.

Here she shows perfect form - head down, tail up.

A little stop for a closer investigation.

Hey, did you just take a picture of me? How am I supposed to focus?

Whatever it is, closer investigation is required!

A little scruffing of the grass is sure to bring out the mystery item!

Mission complete, time to survey the yard with pride. Such a lady!

Yes, this is the life of a Basset Hound. So much to smell, so little time. I love these girls with all my heart - they make me smile and make me laugh with their antics. Life wouldn't be the same without them.

So, for this week's quote, a little something from the dog world.

To live is to dance, to dance is to live. --Snoopy

So, this week, let's dance (or at least move our feet a little), because it's hard to not be happy when you're dancing!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP