Zumba Realities

Tonight I attended my first Zumba class with a friend that has been going since February (and attended the 7:00 class before our 8:00 class). Let's just say it was entertaining for all.

What is Zumba, you ask? I would describe it as the aerobic classes I did in the 80's set to loud Latin music and a LOT of hip, bottom, shoulder, and chest shaking (that made me want to giggle every time I had to do it).

Why do it? That is a good question. I think they should plaster this quote all over the classroom walls: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"

But I survived! I certainly didn't keep up and I can't remember the last time I could ring the sweat from my hair or that my face looked so red (I assured my friend I would NOT have a heart attack on the way home). But I made it through the entire, just over, one hour class and even said gamely "Whatever everyone else wants to do" when the teacher asked "Do you want to do one more or cool down?" The funny part is I'm sure my brain said, cool down, but somehow that isn't what left my lips.

And here's the kicker, I'm going back on Wednesday. As we walked out to our cars I told my friend I'd see her Wednesday night for class. Not really sure what makes me think I can do that again! I'm not even sure I'll be able to get out of bed to go to work in the morning. Just kidding! I'm sure the ibuprofen I took will kick in any minute and after sleeping like the dead tonight from sheer exhaustion, I'll be up and ready to go in the morning.

Because remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Ah, life is good.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP