Live, laugh, don't fall!

Why must embarrassing moments happen in front of people or worse, leave a visible sign on you? I guess it wouldn't be an embarrassing moment if it weren't witnessed (kind of like does a tree make a sound when it falls if no one is in the forest).

While at the Vatican museum last week, we were walking down this spiral ramp, admiring the architecture and chatting about the Sistine Chapel. K was in front of me and said "step" and I said "okay" even though the concept of "step" did not fully gel in my brain. And that's how I found myself on my hands and knees in the Vatican museum with about 30 witnesses. No, I wasn't hurt, just horribly embarrassed (although I did gouge K's arm with my thumbnail in the process of falling). And as K kindly pointed out, you know you're getting older when the guys around you ask if you are okay and need help up rather than snickering (I mean, who laughs when an old woman might be injured??). Wow, did I feel like a dork!

Fast forward to today. I'm mowing the lawn and need to empty the bag in the garden area that is raised and surrounded by a short fence. No problem, I've done this for years! Lift the lawnmower bag into the garden, step over the fence, and into the garden. Except my foot snagged on the top of the fence and well, I did a face plant in the garden (ironic, since you do plant things in gardens). Not only was I covered in grass clippings and dirt, my cheek hit the railroad ties that encase the garden. Can you say raspberry?? Yep, no one saw but I have a lovely red scuff on my cheek that proceeded to swell a little and doesn't cover well with makeup (I'm so hoping it won't bruise). Thus, an experience that might have been a blip on the day turned into an embarrassing moment.

So, in just 10 short days I managed to impress those around me with my lack of grace and/or coordination. All you can do is laugh - cause if you don't, you cry. Life goes on!

Here's to a week with limited embarrassing moments. Live, laugh, don't fall!

Ginger  – (May 29, 2011 at 5:25 PM)  

Oh I have had some numbers myself! Your attitude is great!

StacyC  – (May 29, 2011 at 10:28 PM)  

Thanks Ginger!! I figure you have to laugh at these things - life is too short.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP