Masking a Stamp

Had a great time on Good Things Utah today showing how to mask a stamp to create a unique title and design on a layout. The layout is one part of a two page layout from the Think Ink class that we teach at CK Scrapbook Conventions - I changed the title by using stickers instead of the transparency they use in class and added some additional stamping.

Here's the link to the segment: Friends & Cousins Masked Stamping Layout

Here's the layout:


I love stamps and have more than I use, but don't we all? The great thing about masking is that you can use a portion of a stamp to create something different. On this layout, the title is made by covering up the middle of the stamp so there's a spot to put the title without the stamped image interfering. As I mentioned, I added a little extra stamping. I loved the swirl look, so I masked most of the stamp leaving just one part of the swirl and then stamped that at the top and bottom of the patterned paper.

This same technique can be used with sentiment stamps where you want one or more words but not all the words or objects that you want to combine into a scenery or layer on top of each other. This gives you a lot of flexibility in how you use your stamps.

However you use your stamps, have fun with them and try different things. You never know what you'll end up creating.

Michele Hancock  – (July 8, 2011 at 10:41 AM)  

Thanks for the great idea! Never occurred to me to block out a portion of the stamp.

StacyC  – (July 10, 2011 at 9:24 AM)  

You're so welcome Michele! Have fun with this technique.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP