Pumpkin Cake

It's started - the leaves are changing on the mountains, the mornings are cooler, and the sun doesn't rise as early. Must be Fall! And with Fall comes pumpkins. There are so many wonderful pumpkin recipes. One of my favorites is Pumpkin Cake - made in a jelly roll pan (a cookie sheet like pan with sides and about an inch deep) with creamy, lovely, cream cheese frosting!

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Pumpkin Cake


batter
1 (16oz) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, sugar and cinnamon together and beat together until smooth and light. Add baking powder, flour, salt and baking soda and beat well. Pour batter into lightly greased deep cookie sheet or jellyroll pan. Bake at 350o for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.

frosting
1 cube softened butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla

Mix until creamy smooth. Spread on cooled cake.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP