Here come's Peter Cottontail

And his chick friends. And these are the edible variety! Today on Good Things Utah I made cake pops that are perfect for Easter treats. My inspiration - the ever famous Bakerella! Of course, her cake pops look tons better, but you'll see from the segment that they are easy to make.

Bunny and Chick Easter Cake Pops

I took a few pictures during the process because there isn't enough time on the show to do everything. Plus, I'll share a few tips I learned along the way - hopefully you can avoid the pitfalls I ran into.

Tip #1: Don't mix in all the frosting at the beginning. Add about 3/4 of the can to the cake, mix it together, and only add more frosting if it seems dry. Adding too much frosting makes the cake pops really soft and more challenging to work with when dipping in the melted chocolate (although they do taste really, really good with all the frosting).

Cake pops with sticks ready for the freezer.

Tip #2: Make your cake pops small. Especially if you are doing the bunnies otherwise the candy corn ears aren't proportionate to the head (as I quickly discovered). If this happens, no worries, only take pictures of the ones that look okay :)

Cake pops dipped in melted chocolate.
Tip #3: Make your cake balls assembly line style - make all the cake pop balls, dip them all in melted chocolate, add all the faces, add all the ears, etc.

Bunny

Chicks
Tip #4: The chicks are much easier to make. Maybe not a tip, but definitely good to know.

Tip #5: Allow plenty of time so you can enjoy the process. And let the kids join in for the decorating. It's loads of fun. And if you don't want to make animals, roll the pops in sprinkles before the chocolate is totally dry.

Happy Easter!

Teresa  – (April 20, 2011 at 8:19 AM)  

If you have any left, bring them to Easter dinner! So cute, and of course, we all know they'll taste divine!

StacyC  – (April 21, 2011 at 10:24 PM)  

Teresa, unfortunately there are none left. I took them to work and they disappeared :)

Lynn  – (April 22, 2011 at 5:51 AM)  

fascinating blog, these look very cute.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP