Valentine Rose Cupcakes

Wednesday was a Good Things Utah day and this time I didn't do a paper crafted or scrapbooked item. Instead, I showed using fondant to make rolled roses to decorate cupcakes.

Here's the link: Rolled Rose Cupcakes

Fondant tends to intimidate people, but I like to think of it as playdough for grown-ups. These roses are very simple. Pick your fondant color, roll out the fondant, cut strips that are four to six inches long, and then start rolling. Use a little water along one edge to help the fondant stick to itself. Voila! Roses.

I prefer to use Wilton's fondant rather than make my own, since I don't usually eat it. If you can't find the color you want in packaged fondant, you can mix two colors together or add color to white fondant. If you are adding food color to fondant, make sure you use gloves so your hands don't stain.

These roses are perfect for Valentines Day, but they also work well for Mother's Day, a garden party, bridal shower, or any occasion where flowers appear.

Have fun playing!

Charisse  – (February 5, 2011 at 6:10 PM)  

So cute! And they look fairly easy! Perfect for the upcoming holiday! Thanks for sharing!

StacyC  – (February 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM)  

No problem. And they are pretty easy. Thanks for your comment.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP