Gratitude



The last two weeks has brought unexpected changes. The magazine I have been involved with the past 10 1/2 years is no longer being published. Yes this means I am looking for a new job. But honestly, that's not the hardest part of this change. It's the people, the connections, the creativity, the passion, the love, and so much more.

This has been so much more than a job. I feel like I've poured my heart and soul into each position I've held, from editor, to events manager, and back to editor. What started as a hobby became a way of life. And I have loved sharing my love of paper crafting with so many through print, online, and in person (teaching classes).

There are some drawbacks, like not making cards at home unless it was for a project at work. But that small trade off has been worth it for all the other things I've gained.

But I have much to be grateful for. I have met so many incredible people. Been inspired in more ways than I can count. Traveled to tons of places in the U.S. and internationally. Learned, taught, laughed, loved, created, and so much more. My heart is truly full!

And so I move on to the next adventure in my life. I look forward to figuring out what that will be and hope it reveals itself quickly :)

I'm also grateful that the internet (mainly Facebook) allows me to stay connected. It may seem like a small thing, but it helps ease the pain that I feel when I think about not being a part of the magazine, because it really is all about the people. The ones I worked with on a daily basis, the ones that I worked with as they designed projects for publication, the ones I met and taught or hung out with at events, the ones that make the amazing products we create with. I need you (and you know who you are) to keep me inspired, smiling, young at heart, creative, laughing (mostly at myself), and in touch with reality. Thank you!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and have much to be grateful for. I know I do!




Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP