Making Cards!

The instruction portion of the class is finished and moved into other things you can do with your Copic markers like create backgrounds, color things like rhinestones, and other fun stuff. In the midst of this was World Card Making Day. I'd love to say I made cards on Saturday, October 4 (the official day), but I didn't. So I had an extended World Card Making Day and did my creating on Sunday (the day after).

It was absolutely amazing to work on cards! Some days the creativity just flows and that's the way I felt. I'm not saying these are the greatest cards ever made, but I personally felt creative and for me, that's what mattered.

I used two of the images I colored for practice purposes to create cards. The first one used the adorable pup! I placed him on a rolling green hill that I accented with grass patches using my Copic markers. The sky is patterned paper from Crate Paper. And the sentiment is from Technique Tuesday (designed by the very talented Teri Anderson).



The next card used the butterfly. I love this butterfly and knew it needed a doily with it. I'm not sure the green flower was the best color option, but it works. And.......I used my Silhouette! Wahoo! I die-cut the sentiment with a cut file I downloaded.



The final card is one I made from a Sweet Stamp Shop stamp (LOVE that elephant - which is the whole reason I bought the stamp set). I also played with creating a background using my Copic markers. The sky didn't turn out like I had hoped because I don't have light enough markers, but it gave me a chance to really play with the colorless blender to create a few clouds. And I really like how this card turned out. I made it with someone specific in mind and can't wait to send it to her.


So there you have it! My day of card making. Phew, I'm exhausted :) I'm sad that the class is pretty much over but am so glad I took it. I've learned a ton and it motivated me to get creative.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP