Pearls and Lace

Welcome to day three of my card making extravaganza. Today's card incorporates the girliest of girly items - pearls and lace. I love doilies and have several from various trips I've been on so when I saw the Bella Doilies set I knew I must have it. And lovely doilies they are.


I wanted the doilies to take center stage so I embossed them with clear embossing powder on white cardstock and then rubbed ink on the stamped image. The effect is perfect for these dainty images. The pearls and ribbon add a little touch of elegance to the design, as do the subtle blue and tan colors.

I also enjoy mixing and matching stamp sets. The sentiment I used is from the Wonderful stamp set and while it works well with the scalloped bird stamp, I like that I can use it with other stamps equally as well.

Remember, I'm doing a drawing at the end of the week for stamps from Unity Stamp Company (they are kindly allowing the winner to pick two Itty Bitty stamp sets). So leave a comment on any or all posts this week until midnight Friday to qualify for the drawing. And check back tomorrow to see a set of tags incorporating Unity Stamps.

Supplies:

doilies stamps (Bella Doilies; Unity Stamp Company)
sentiment stamp (Wonderful; Unity Stamp Company)
Faded Jeans and Antique Linen Distress Inks (Tim Holtz; Ranger Ink)
clear ink (VersaMark; Tsukineko)
clear embossing powder
pearls (Say It In Pearls; Prima Marketing)
kraft and white cardstock
gold ribbon

Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Scrapper Myra  – (June 6, 2012 at 5:57 AM)  

Nice card. Very romantic and girly style. Nice to meet your work.

LauraJane:)  – (June 6, 2012 at 7:08 AM)  

Those DOILEIS are BEAUTIFUL!
Your style is interesting...warm and cozy

Miriam Prantner  – (June 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM)  

GORGEOUS! The embossing/masking looks fantastic. Such a beautiful elegant card!

Elizabeth  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM)  

Beautiful! Those doily stamps are gorgeous. I'll have to head over to Unity to check them out.

angie/shuggy  – (June 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM)  

this is fantastic! makes me want to get out my ep!

bethann  – (June 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM)  

love this saying and the card is a real beauty.

Linda SS –   – (June 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM)  

What a gorgeous card. LOVE LOVE those dolies.

Amber Sheaves  – (June 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM)  

This is so pretty. I'll have to remember to use those doily stamps like this. It's a much cleaner look than spraying over a real doily as a mask. Thanks!

Carol  – (June 6, 2012 at 4:05 PM)  

Pretty, love the doily!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Denise Bryant  – (June 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM)  

Lovely card! I love doilies too, and these stamps are fabulous!
DeniseB

jengd  – (June 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM)  

Simply beautiful! LOVE those colors and wonderful design!

stampjourney  – (June 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM)  

What a beautiful card! Love how the pearls and doilies are perfect together!

StacyC  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM)  

Thanks! You guys are making my day :)

SHartl  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:25 PM)  

Wow, this is so beautiful! I haven't seen that doily stamp image before but it looks fabulous with the embossing powder!

Emily Keaton  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM)  

Oh, this is a beauty! I love those doilies. :)

Karenladd  – (June 7, 2012 at 12:43 AM)  

So beautiful! I am crazy over doilies lately and your card is so soft and ethereal!

Pryn  – (June 7, 2012 at 4:42 AM)  

This is absolutely STUNNING!!! Oh my goodness! I just love EVERYTHING about it!!!

StacyC  – (June 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM)  

The doilies stamp set is a must have in my opinion! And yes, I'm being an enabler :)

Jessica  – (June 8, 2012 at 6:44 AM)  

this is so pretty! love the beautiful doilies, and love what you did with them! :)

JPScraps  – (June 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM)  

Stunning card. I love the doilies.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP