A Little Birdie

Happy Tuesday and welcome to another card using Unity Stamp products.


Today's card started with a misting of pink and purple glimmering mists (from Shimmerz). Once the paper dried I stamped the scalloped bird from the Wonderful {Itty Bitty} stamp set. This bird is to me elegant and whimsical at the same time - I love the scalloped border and the dotted background. To enhance the scallop border I cut out the design using my scalloped edge scissors.

The card front is Mellow from Crate Paper's Lillian collection (yes, I'm a Crate Paper product hoarder). Added a strip of purple with white swirl washi tape and a piece of ribbon from Crate Paper's Neighborhood trims. To make the scalloped stamped image stand out a bit, I rolled the edges of the scallops with my finger nail. The cluster is created with a stick-pin and rhinestone from Close To My Heart, two random buttons I had, and a scrap of grey and white ribbon. The purple button is on foam tape and I stuck the stick-in in the foam tape to protect the sharp point.

This card speaks to me in multiple ways - my favorite colors (purple and lime green), sparkly things, and ribbon. What have you created lately? Leave me a comment with a link to your project. Sharing is a great form of inspiration!

P.S. - At the end of the week, I get to give away Unity Stamps! How do you get these stamps? I'll be randomly drawing one name from those who leave a comment any time from now until Friday at midnight MT.

Supplies:

Scalloped bird stamp (Wonderful; Unity Stamp Company)
Bed of Roses and Purple Passion (Spritz; Shimmerz)
Mellow - green side (Lillian; Crate Paper)
White cardstock (Bazzill Basics Paper)
White scallop ribbon (Neighborhood Trims; Crate Paper)
Pearl stick-pin and rhinestone button (Close To My Heart)
Purple with white swirls Washi tape
Buttons

Size: 5 1/2"x 4 1/4"

Denise Bryant  – (June 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM)  

Pretty card! I love that sweet bird stamp!
DeniseB

Anonymous –   – (June 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM)  

Very lovely card, love the colors, thank you for sharing it.

Miriam Prantner  – (June 6, 2012 at 3:01 AM)  

So sweet! Love how CAS it is, and that ribbon is FAB-U-LOUS!

Elizabeth  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM)  

Very pretty! Love that stamp, and that ribbon!

Linda SS –   – (June 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM)  

nice card. I would not have put the colors together, but they are great. Nice job.

Amber Sheaves  – (June 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM)  

I love the cluster you created! I have a hard time making it look good!

Carol  – (June 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM)  

Love the details on your card, so pretty!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

jengd  – (June 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM)  

Lovely! I really like the cluster of embellishments by the bird- great color combo too!

stampjourney  – (June 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
stampjourney  – (June 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM)  

Great colors--my favorites, too!

StacyC  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM)  

Thanks!! I have a hard time doing clusters as well - I agonize over them and then finally just decide to let it be and then find that I like it later. And I pretty much love any color with purple :)

SHartl  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM)  

Love this unexpected color combo and that bird image! The crinkly ribbon adds so much texture!

Emily Keaton  – (June 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM)  

What's not to like about lime green and purple! I think that combo ROCKS, and so does your lovely creation!

Karenladd  – (June 7, 2012 at 12:44 AM)  

What a very pretty card! The colors give it an extra touch of creativity!

Pryn  – (June 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM)  

Beautiful card! The purple and green combination is lovely!

StacyC  – (June 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM)  

So glad I'm not the only one that loves this color combo. Feels like spring!

Jessica  – (June 8, 2012 at 6:45 AM)  

this is so pretty! love the embellishments, they go perfectly with that great stamp! :)

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP