Just Because Card

Busy week - normal things at work and then Good Things Utah contacted me Tuesday morning to see if I could come on Wednesday morning to do a segment (one of their people had to cancel at the last minute because of illness). So I scrambled and pulled a technique from one of the new classes we're teaching at CKC called Material Girl. The segment is Just Because Rolled Flower card.

The flower technique in the GTU segment uses adhesive backed fabric paper (this particular product is from the Dear Lizzy American Crafts line). You could use paper or fabric, but the advantage I found with this product was the thickness/stiffness aspect. Fabric would be a little floppy and paper may not be as pliable (although you could soften paper up enough to make it more pliable, just be careful not to tear it). Plus, this fabric paper can be inked, rolled, scuffed, and more.

What I learned - make the circle bigger than you think you need :) Because you are cutting a spiral and then wrapping it around itself, it gets quite a bit smaller. And, I would practice with paper scraps before diving into this with the actual fabric paper since it is more expensive than scraps.

It was a fun card to make and interesting product to play with. Enjoy!


P.S. I've included the file with the spiral pattern too.

ColleenAnn  – (January 17, 2011 at 1:51 PM)  

Thank you for redirecting us to your blog sppot.

Anonymous –   – (January 17, 2011 at 8:38 PM)  

Can't wait to try it! Thanks for taking the time to redirect us to your blog.

StacyC  – (January 18, 2011 at 10:38 PM)  

No problem ladies. Glad we got it worked out :)

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP