Doing not just thinking

I have so many ideas and dreams, yet that's what they are - ideas and dreams. So what does it take to change them into accomplishments? Action! And for me, that means motivation. 

In my mind or as I plan things, it all sounds wonderful. Then the moment comes and I often talk myself out of it or decide to do something different. Which is often followed by regret.

As I've watched the Olympics, I'm so impressed with the dedication the athletes have for their sport. The schedules they keep, their ability to visualize themselves doing what they dream, and the drive to accomplish those dreams. 

All these thoughts led me to this week's quote. The real challenge for me is taking that step. I know what I want but I can't have it if I don't move.


Vision is not enough, it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs. --Vaclav Havel


Here's to a week of taking steps, even if they are baby ones!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP