iPad favorites

Yes, I have an iPad and it goes everywhere with me, well, almost everywhere. It has become part of my daily ritual that includes reading, checking Facebook posts and Google Reader articles, playing games, and more. So what are these applications I can't seem to live without? Here's a quick list of my daily iPad fixes.

  • Words with Friends - a Scrabble like game that you play with other people. I believe it is available for the iPhone too, but I'm not positive. The great thing is, you can have multiple games going and it passes back and forth between you and the person you are playing with. A lot more fun than playing against the computer.
  • Kindle Reader - because I had a Kindle before my iPad I am hooked on e-readers. I love having a book that is easily accessible without the bulk of a book. Plus there are tons that are free as well as the latest releases.
  • Flipboard - it took me awhile to understand this app, but now I LOVE it! Flipboard lets you select feeds that you want to follow from a variety of locations like Facebook, Google Reader, news (like USA Today), magazines (like National Geographic), and more. The thing I love is that it brings the feeds together in a magazine type format. If you want to read a feed in detail, you click on it and it loads the full entry. Like I said, I love this app.
  • Angry Birds - I have three versions of this addictive game - free, Seasons, and Angry Birds HD. And when I say addictive, I mean hard to put it down until you wipe out those little pigs. So beware if you are trying to avoid time-eating games. Luckily someone shared that there are cheats online which has saved me hours of frustration.
  • Gospel Library - this is an LDS application that downloads publications from the LDS church including scriptures, magazines (Ensign, New Era, Friend), manuals for all ages, and conference reports. I love this because again, when I travel it is nice to have my scriptures with me without having to carry a bulky book.
Lest you think this is the extent of my iPad content, it is far from it. This is just a small glimpse. There are so many apps out there for iPads - some free and others not. Part of the fun of owning an iPad is discovering new apps. And so the adventure continues.

dana  – (March 24, 2011 at 5:09 PM)  

hey stacy - i'd love to play Words With Friends with you! I've been playing for several months and usually have about 6 games going. my id is utahswampfrog if you want to start one up! i have a rule, though - no consulting the dictionary or internet before making your play, though you can check for spelling if you KNOW its a word, but it isn't accepted. lemme know...
- dana

Carol Anne  – (March 24, 2011 at 9:17 PM)  

I can't get beyond level 4 of Angry Birds. I'm just inept. (hanging head in shame).

I'm still thinking about an iPad or a Xoom. But I'm sticking with my laptop for now.

StacyC  – (March 25, 2011 at 1:14 AM)  

Dana, I'll send you a game request.

Carol Anne, I'm with you on the ineptness with Angry Birds. It's a love/hate relationship :)

Maria Ontiveros  – (March 25, 2011 at 8:13 AM)  

Hi Stacy,
I love this post. I have an ipad an photography post scheduled for my blog tomorrow. I haven't done words with friends on my iphone; didn't realize it was available on the ipad.
Rinda

sharyncarlson  – (March 25, 2011 at 9:35 AM)  

Very fun list! I don't have an iPad, but would love one of the new ones! I'm a fellow classmate in Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers class. Looking forward to your posts!

StacyC  – (March 27, 2011 at 12:19 AM)  

Thanks for visiting ladies! iPads are wonderful toys, I mean tools :)

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Followers

About This Blog

My posts are random. They cover a variety of subjects, but are mostly about things I enjoy, am inspired by, or catch my attention at that moment. I don't ever want to offend anyone by anything I write. This blog is a way to express myself and the interests I have. I hope you enjoy what I share.

Facebook Badge

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP